Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Election Night -- 35 minutes to air ..

9:25 p.m. Issues 20 and 21 look solid as winners. Healy still leading Creighton for Mayor of Canton .. but we're not even at 50 percent so it's tough to tell just yet. Lisa Zeno Carano is now bloodying John Widowfield for Clerk of Courts about 60-40. AkronNewsNow running away with the most up-to-date results. Summit BOE's site is a mess of zeroes still. Even Time Warner has gone to a blank screen for Summit Results. Stark results still trickling in on the web at about 18 percent; I haven't found a better site for Stark results. Akron City Council races are finished. All incumbents survive.

9:30 p.m. OK .. I've read through the rest of the news of the day .. and I think I know what I'm talking about :) We've got some snow flurries in the east and crime out west. And locally we've got a voyeur who used to work at the U of Akron. Plus an Ohio lawmaker wants to give every Ohioans called to serve in Iraq and Afghanistan since 9/11 a $1,000 bonus from a grateful state. Now THAT'S news folks! Just a few more minutes to refresh the results and then I'm off to the set. I sure hope we get better results on the Canton Mayor's race or I could look foolish at the top of the show.

No comments: