Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Election Night - The Plot Thickens

9:01 p.m. Stark County's BOE site is finally showing results. Creighton leads Healy by just 13 votes with 4 percent of the precincts counted. It's a start. Better have Mark (my lone photographer tonight) keep his car idling in Canton because he might have to bolt across town if Healy pulls the upset. Getting calls from folks wanting results. We're telling them to watch Time Warner on Channel 23 or check the web. I love that viewers are interested in the results.

9:10 p.m. Where's my highlighter? Got it. Time to highlight my scripts. I'll ad-lib the results as they appear on the screen but I'll need my hard copy to read against. Most viewers want to hear the Issue number and not just hear the anchor say, "the Stow Schools levy ...." I've crammed as much as I can .. but the test will come live in front of the camera. 49 minutes and counting. AkronNewsNow still the leader of the on-line world as far as results. They have 44 percent of Summit County counted .. with the three contested Akron City Council races all going to incumbents. Issues 20 and 21 are both passing .. but the margins have changed .. about 52-48 for Issue 21 (CSB) and about 55-45 for Issue 20 (ADM).

9:15 p.m. HEALY WINNING BY 900 VOTES. OK .... time to get serious folks. William Healy is beating Canton Mayor Janet Weir Creighton by a margin of 55-45 with 17 percent of the ballots in. Darn it. Why do I only have one photographer working tonight! Darn it.

Here we go!

No comments: