Sunday, March 8, 2009

Romona Robinson shares why she loves what she does

Hope you had a chance to see today's article about Romona Robinson in the PD. If not, you can read it here.

The interviews were done a few weeks ago, and I wasn't sure when the article would actually reach print.

I can tell you this much, Romona is quite focused every night on preparing for the broadcast. We've had several heart-to-heart talks about the tough stories before they make air, and I really hope viewers "get" how much the rough stories -- like last week's mass shooting -- really impact those who cover the news, to include the anchor who must deliver it.

The PD put some of the interview on video, although the newsroom is sure to give reporter Mike O'Mara grief because he's in so many of the photos :)

Channel 3's anchor Romona Robinson goes solo on evening news








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ramona, I tried to get the Rock Hall tickets at the Wolstein Center, but they are ALL gone - I cannot get even ONE ticket - please tell your viewers so they don't get as disappointed like I did thinking there were some available being you mentioned it on your newscast.
Mike Jr. / Cleveland

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons I love Romona Robinson is because she is so grounded and down to earth. It certainly comes through in her reporting and her interaction with other members of the news team. Thanks for sharing the video.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I thought the PD article was great. I do watch your newscasts and think you deserve the accolades!
Amy-Medina