Monday, June 23, 2008

Illegal gaming machines bite the dust

I was on my way back from Canton after covering today's story about an officer who was attacked by a panhandler when our station got word that the Sheriff's Office has having hundreds of illegal gaming machines demolished at a local scrap yard.

While the story will only be about :20 on the evening news, I thought you might like to see what it's like being really close as metal is being ripped apart by giant chomping machines that look like t-rexes.

I always carry my own little video camera for moments like these; you'll see WKYC videographer Larry Baker and another photographer in the foreground getting their "shots."

Watch til the end and you'll also see why we reporters never wear expensive shoes (cuz you never know when you'll be at a house fire or flood or a scrap yard full of metal and mud!)

No comments: