Friday, June 6, 2008

Akron man mistakenly sees "Sex and the City" movie

Good morning all ... off and running on my second day of fill-in work for Ray Horner on WAKR (1590-AM). Slept better last night, so I'm in better shape for another marathon work day.

A few notes to pass along ..

My thanks to Pho for his link to a great story about an Akron man who walked into the wrong theater and saw "Sex and the City" instead of "Iron Man." Considering I took my sons with me to see Iron Man, I can only imagine what they might have seen had we walked in to SATC first.

Had you ever even heard of Murfreesboro before this week's story that Bridgestone-Firestone might move its tech center there and leave our beautiful city in the rear view mirror? Murfreesboro? Come on! No way we lose a major job hub to Mur-FREES-boro. Even the BF folks don't want to write that one on their stationary.

Soundbite of the day yesterday .. I spoke with a man about his neighbor's home being robbed of copper pipes. I asked him if he was worried about his own pipes, and he responded with "I'm really more worried about going back to the penitentiary." Ya know, there's just no good way to respond to that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i noticed that Sex and the City has a polarizing effect on both men and women... people either love the movie or they hate it