Sunday, February 10, 2008

No more teasing

A friend of mine who regularly visits this blog gave me grief last night that I've teased ahead to a few things I've investigated and then left readers hanging. The more I think about it, the more I think he's probably right.

So, in an effort to clear that up, I can tell you that the two stories I mentioned in January both had to do with area teens. One involved a teen who was allegedly bullied in such a way that had authorities or other agencies become involved, I thought the story would unfortunately draw national attention. Right now, some school leaders are involved but it doesn't look like the story is going to reach the level of media mention. So for now, that story is off the table.

The other story I teased in early January also focused on teens, specifically young ladies allegedly caught with cocaine in a place you'd never expect. That story has also hit a wall -- at least for now.

It doesn't mean that neither of these cases is true nor does it mean they won't end up eventually on the evening news. It just means that my investigating of the cases has stalled or reached a level that isn't valid for reporting yet. The last thing I'd ever want to do is report a story with half the facts or just to be flat wrong. So for now, both stories are still on my desk, but not in a newscast any time soon.

That said, I'll try not to tease again unless I know I'll be able to deliver the "goods" in a timely manner.

Stay warm .. Eric

No comments: