Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Odds and Ends ..

Last night's Tribe playoff game against the Yankees scored a 33.9 rating / 46 share from 7:30p-1145p. Those are HUGE numbers. That means that 33.9 percent of the total Television Households in NorthEast Ohio were tuned in to that game .. and of those with their sets on, 46 percent were tuned in to the game. So if nearly half of all folks watching TV last night were watching the tribe in NE Ohio. makes ya wonder why the other stations don't just put up color bars (that's sarcasm folks).

The Fairlawn License Bureau will be open for business again tomorrow morning. You'll recall the state shut the place down after our story on personal info being left in the BMV's dumpster. The new deputy registrar is Kelly Caruso of Cuyahoga Falls. A few folks who know her tell me that she's a great fit to turn the office around. I'm hoping to talk with her on-camera when she's ready.

Had a great lunch today with the "Friends of Childrens Hospital" Group. These are the women who volunteer with the pinkie the puppet campaign and other fund-raisers for the hospital. Always great to spend time with volunteers who truly understand what it means to give back.

I'm a bit sad today .. two friends of mine at TV3 are leaving. It's not that I expect people to stick around forever because I know that to progress in this business means to move on to bigger stations, but when you meet genuine people in TV, that's a rarity .. and they both are.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched the news recently. Please don't leave me hangin'. Who's leaving????

Eric Mansfield said...

John and Kristen Anderson. Since it's in the Philadelphia papers this morning, I guess it's ok to tell folks here. John has landed an anchor job at the FOX affiliate in Philly .. so I'm saddened to see the two of them leave because they are a wonderful couple and two good journalists.

Anonymous said...

They will be greatly missed... I'm sad to see them go.

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered if you and John Anderson were separated at birth because you resemble one another so much...

Anonymous said...

Oh.. So sorry to hear about John and Kristen. I watch the morning show every day as I get ready for school. I am sure he will do a wonderful job in Philly, but he will be missed here very much.

Thank you for letting us know.

Elissa